Renewing passport in Taiwan
- Data Source：Bureau Of Consular Affairs
Application Information :
- Applicants may apply in person or submit the passport application through an authorized agent.
- Applicants who are unmarried and under the age of 18, or under guardianship, must bring the original copy of the “Written Consent Form” (located on the bottom of the “Short passport application sheet”) signed by their legal guardian.
- Authorizing an entrusted agent for passport application, applicant (or legal guardian) must fill out “Letter of appointment Type A, Type D, or Type E”. The said authorized agent is limited to the following:
(1)Relatives of the applicant (including same-sex partners with a valid marriage registration).
(2)Persons belonging to the same institution, school, company, or government registered organization as the applicant; or qualified travel agencies approved by the Tourism Bureau, Ministry of Transportation and Communications.
(3)Any other agent not listed above requires a notarized power of attorney document.
- The fee for passport application is NT$1,300 per passport. For applicants under the age of 14, the fee is NT$900 per passport due to a shorter validity period.
- For further details concerning the application of passport, and to download documents “Short passport application sheet (including “Written Consent Form”)” and “Letter of appointment Type A, Type D, or Type E”, please visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs website ( https://www.boca.gov.tw).
Application Process :
Applicant must complete the “Short passport application sheet (applying for passport in Taiwan)” and submit it in person or through an authorized agent at BOCA or at any of the branch offices of MOFA, together with all the required documents and other relevant certificates.
Contact Offices :
Add: 1-3F, No. 2-2, Sec. 1, Jinan Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.), 100219
Central Taiwan Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
Add: 1F, No. 503, Sec. 2, Liming Rd., Nantun Dist., Taichung City, Taiwan (R.O.C.), 408205
Southern Taiwan Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
Add: 3-4F, No. 6, Zhengnan St., Lingya Dist., Kaohsiung City, Taiwan (R.O.C.), 802206
Eastern Taiwan Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
Add: 6F, No. 371, Zhongshan Rd., Hualien City, Hualien County, Taiwan (R.O.C.), 970009
Southwestern Taiwan Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
Add: 2F-1, No. 184, Wufeng North Rd., East Dist., Chiayi City, Taiwan (R.O.C.), 600016
Required Documents :
- The most recent unexpired passport
2 photos of the applicant must be submitted. The photos must fulfill the ICAO requirements for biometric passport (Please refer to https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-140-467-29b1d-2.html).
- National identification card:
Applicants over the age of 14, or under the age of 14 with a National ID card, must present the newest version of their ROC (Taiwan) National ID card.
- Household Certificate or Household Registration Transcript:
Applicants under the age of 14 who do not have an ROC (Taiwan) National ID Card must present the original copy of the Household Certificate or Household Registration Transcript issued within 3 months.
- Other Documents:
Original IDs of the applicant, the legal guardian and accompanying adult.
Original copies of relevant documents and certificates.
- The original documents and other relevant certificates other than the photos will be returned to the applicant on the day of the application.
Processing Time :
- The standard processing time for new passport application is 4 working days.
- For an expedited processing service, a service fee will be charged according to the expected days of processing time. The earliest pick-up time for the new passport is 1 working day after acceptance of the application for expedited processing service.