Document Authentication Services
- Data Source：Bureau Of Consular Affairs
BOCA and MOFA's branch offices provide walk-in-service only. Applicants are served on a first-come first-served basis.
Document authentication services include authentication of：
- Documents issued by ROC entities/individuals and certified by a notary public for overseas use.(Most foreign governments require that documents be authenticated by BOCA or MOFA'S branch offices, but some do not. Therefore, BOCA suggests that applicants should contact the embassy/office of the country related to the documents to determine whether or not these documents need BOCA's or a MOFA branch office's authentication.)
- Signatures and official seals issued by ROC embassies and consulates, representative offices, offices or other agencies authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in foreign countries;
- Signatures and official seals issued by foreign embassies, consulates, representative offices in ROC (Taiwan).(Based on reciprocity, only some types of document issued by foreign embassies, consulates, representative offices in ROC (Taiwan) are accepted. BOCA has the authority to authenticate or reject. Normally, translation or true copy documents are not accepted by BOCA.)
- When applying for document authentication, applicants must prepare enough copies, namely, in addition to the documents to be authenticated, they must provide BOCA or MOFA's branch offices with one supplementary verified/notarized copy of each document for record-keeping.
- The fee for the authentication of each notarized/verified original document is NT$400; for each extra notarized/verified copy is NT$200, and pick-up is after two working-days. (EX: handing document and paying on Friday morning would mean pick-up is on Tuesday morning.)
- For one-day expedited service, each notarized/verified original document will be charged NT$600 and each extra notarized/verified copy will be charged NT$300. Pick-up is after one working-day. (EX: handing document and paying on Friday afternoon would mean pick-up is on Monday afternoon.)
- Office hours of consular services: 8:30a.m.-17:00p.m. through the lunch hour from Monday to Friday (except national holidays or typhoon day)