I would like to stay in Taiwan for a period of time longer than the eVisa permits. What should I do?

Created:2017-08-11Data Source:Bureau Of Consular AffairsCounter:5814

If you wish to stay in Taiwan longer than your eVisa permits, you must go to an ROC overseas mission to apply for a visa that corresponds with the purpose and duration of your intended stay in Taiwan. Please note that eVisas are only granted for tourism and business purposes, as well as for visiting relatives and attending international conferences or sporting events in Taiwan. If you intend to travel to Taiwan for other purposes—such as employment, study, residence with family, or Mandarin language courses—you must submit an application for a related visa at an ROC overseas mission.