Resident Visas for Investment
- Data Source：Bureau Of Consular Affairs
|Application form||Go to website: https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw . Fill out the application form online and print it out. Make sure the application form shows a bar code on it. Sign the application form.|
|Two color passport-size photos||Paste on the application form two color passport-size photos with a white background taken within 6 months.|
|Passport and one photocopy of the passport||The passport must be valid for at least 6 months and there are blank pages left in it. One photocopy of the passport bio-page including the holder’s picture is required.|
|Original and one photocopy of proof of investment issued by competent authorities of central government of the R.O.C. (Taiwan)||According to "Regulations on the Operation of Foreign Investors or Representatives of Foreign Corporations Applying for Resident Visas," a minimum investment amount of 200,000.00 USD is required.|
|Other supporting documents||To be decided on a case-by-case basis. Applicants who apply for a Resident Visa after having arrived in the R.O.C. (Taiwan) are required to present also one photocopy of the Visitor Visa and the immigration entry stamp.|
- Applicants outside of the R.O.C. (Taiwan) are advised to apply for the visa from an R.O.C. (Taiwan) overseas mission.
- Applicants who enter the R.O.C. (Taiwan) on a Visitor Visa with annotation「A」 may apply for a Resident Visa 8 work days before the duration of stay expires. The applicants may, without leaving the R.O.C. (Taiwan), apply for the visa from the Bureau of Consular Affairs or any of its Central, Southwestern, Southern, or Eastern Taiwan Offices.
- Visa issuance is an act of sovereignty. According to the “Statute Governing Issuance of R.O.C. Visas in Foreign Passport” and “Enforcement Rules for the Issuance of R.O.C. Visas to Foreign-Passport Holders,” the R.O.C. reserves the right not to issue a visa and is under no obligation to disclose the reason. Application fee for no-issuance cases is non-refundable.
- Processing of Resident Visa application inside the R.O.C. (Taiwan) takes 8 work days. Resident Visa applicants are advised to apply to the Bureau of Consular Affairs 8 work days before the duration of stay expires. Application will be turned down and fee not refunded in the event that required documents are not submitted in full within 7 days after the applicant is informed by the Bureau of Consular Affairs. In the event that the applicant’s duration of stay expires while the Resident Visa is under processing and eventually rejected, the applicant is to assume the sole responsibility of overstay and the penalty therefore imposed.
- Original documents are to be returned after review.
- For visa application fees, please refer to “Standard Fees for R.O.C. (Taiwan) Visas in Foreign Passports”(pdf file).
- Those who enter the R.O.C. (Taiwan) without a visa or with a landing visa and those who currently stay in the R.O.C. (Taiwan) as blue collar workers may not apply for a Resident Visa on the ground of investment.
- Those who enter the R.O.C. (Taiwan) on a Resident Visa or get a Resident Visa after having arrived in the R.O.C. (Taiwan) must apply for an Alien Resident Certificate and Re-entry Permit at local service centers of National Immigration Agency. The former must apply within 15 days from the next day of arrival, and the latter must apply within 15 days from the Resident Visa issuance date. Duration of stay is noted on the Alien Resident Certificate.
- BOCA - Bureau of Consular Affairs
- R.O.C. - Republic of China
- R.O.C. overseas missions- R.O.C. embassies, consulates and representative offices, or other agencies authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the R.O.C.
- MOFA -Ministry of Foreign Affairs