Resident visas for Entrepreneur
- Data Source：Bureau Of Consular Affairs
|Application form||Go to website: https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw . Fill out the application form online and print it out. Make sure the application form shows a bar code on it. Sign the application form.|
|Two color passport-size photos||Paste on the application form two color passport-size photos with a white background taken within 6 months.|
|Passport and one photocopy of the passport||The passport must be valid for at least 6 months and there are blank pages left in it. One photocopy of the passport bio-page including the holder’s picture is required.|
|Documents requested by the Investment Commission, Ministry of Economic Affairs||
Applicants should fill the requirements according to “ Examination Directions of Entrepreneur Visa Qualification for Foreign Nationals ”. The examination of the applicant’s qualification for an Entrepreneur visa shall be conducted by the Investment Commission, Ministry of Economic Affairs in consultation with other relevant industry competent authorities. An Entrepreneur visa will be reviewed after receiving the permission from Investment Commission, Ministry of Economic Affairs.
|Other supporting documents||To be decided on a case-by-case basis. Applicants who apply for a Resident Visa after having arrived in the R.O.C. (Taiwan) are required to present also one photocopy of the Visitor Visa and the immigration entry stamp.|
- Foreign applicants outside of the R.O.C. (Taiwan) are advised to apply for the visa from an R.O.C. (Taiwan) overseas mission. Hong kong and Macao applicants outside of the R.O.C. (Taiwan) are advised to submit their application to the Bureau of Hong Kong Affairs or Bureau of Macao Affairs, Mainland Affairs Council of R.O.C. (Taiwan). The overseas mission will pass the application on to the Investment Commission, MOEA for examination.
- The applicants may, without leaving the R.O.C. (Taiwan), apply for the visa from the Bureau of Consular Affairs or any of its Central, Southwestern, Southern, or Eastern Taiwan Offices. Hong kong and Macao applicants inside of the R.O.C. (Taiwan) may submit their application to the National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of the Interior, R.O.C. (Taiwan).
- After passing the qualification examination, the overseas mission or Bureau of Consular Affairs or any of its Central, Southwestern, Southern, or Eastern Taiwan Offices will notify the applicants to submit their passports and visa fee for visa examination.
- Visa issuance is an act of sovereignty. According to the “Statute Governing Issuance of R.O.C. Visas in Foreign Passport” and “Enforcement Rules for the Issuance of R.O.C. Visas to Foreign-Passport Holders,” the R.O.C. reserves the right not to issue a visa and is under no obligation to disclose the reason. Application fee for no-issuance cases is non-refundable.
- For visa application fees, please refer to “Standard Fees for R.O.C. (Taiwan) Visas in Foreign Passports”(pdf file).
- Those who currently stay in the R.O.C. (Taiwan) as blue collar workers may not apply for a Resident Visa for Entrepreneur.
- Those who enter the R.O.C. (Taiwan) on a Resident Visa or get a Resident Visa after having arrived in the R.O.C. (Taiwan) must apply for an Alien Resident Certificate and Re-entry Permit at local service centers of National Immigration Agency. The former must apply within 15 days from the next day of arrival, and the latter must apply within 15 days from the Resident Visa issuance date. Duration of stay is noted on the Alien Resident Certificate.