Go to main content area

Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of China(Taiwan)


Information on Republic of China Resident Visas

  • Created:2024-01-02
  • Data Source:Bureau Of Consular Affairs
  • Counter:71187
Information on Republic of China Resident Visas
Eligible Persons Foreign nationals, who hold ordinary passports or other legal travel documents, who intend to stay in the Republic of China for more than six months for the purpose of join family; pursed studies; undertake employment; invest; conduct missionary work; conduct official duties; participate in international exchange programs; and engage in other activities approved by MOFA or other relevant agencies at the central-government level.


  1. A passport valid for at least six months;
  2. A duly completed application form with two passport-size photos in color within 6 months;
  3. Supporting documents or official letters of approval from a competent authority of the ROC;
  4. Other relevant documents.
  5. Health Certificate if applicable
Visa Validity A Resident Visa is valid for three months.
Duration of stay Resident Visa holders are required to apply for the Alien Resident Certificate and Re-entry Permit at  local service centers of  the National Immigration Agency within 30 days starting from the next day of  their arrival. They may stay in the ROC as long as the Alien Resident Certificate remains valid.
  1. Please refer to "Standard Fees for Republic of China (Taiwan) Visas in Foreign Passports."(pdf file)
  2. An additional handling charge of NT$800 shall apply to applications made in the ROC by visitor visa holders applying for change or replacement of visitor visa or resident visa.
  3. For foreign nationals from the countries with which the ROC has entered into reciprocal agreements, the Resident Visa is issued gratis.

The above regulations do not apply to blue collar workers or those who enter the ROC via the visa exemption program or landing visa.

If foreign nationals who have entered the ROC with Visitor Visas are subsequently legally employed in the ROC, they may make the necessary change from their Visitor Visa into a Resident Visa in this country directly. 


Go Top