Visitor Visas for Foreign Exchange Students for Stays of less than Six Months
- Data Source：Bureau Of Consular Affairs
|Application form||Fill out the application form at https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw/ and print it out. Make sure the application form displays a bar code. Sign the completed application form.|
|Two color passport-size photos||Two color passport-size photos with a white background taken within the past 6 months, attached to the application form.|
|Original and one photocopy of the passport||
|Original and one photocopy of letter of approval issued by university /college or the administrative authorities for education at each level||
Exchange students in Taiwan for a period of six months or less are to abide by the Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan.
|Original and one photocopy of letter of admission||For university/college exchange students, a letter of admission issued by the university/college they intend to enroll in.|
|Original and one photocopy of the overseas school’s record of enrollment||The record of enrollment, student ID, or certificate of student exchange issued by the student’s home school.|
|Other supporting documents||To be determined on a case-by-case basis. Documents requested may include a certification of reason for stay, parental leave form, guarantee by local host, agreement by guardian in Taiwan, certification of no criminal record, educational cooperation or sister school agreement signed by applicant's home school, etc.|
- Applicants outside of the ROC (Taiwan) who meet the requirements for a visitor visa for foreign exchange students are to submit their applications, with necessary documents and fees, to the appropriate ROC overseas mission.
- The overseas mission may require an interview.
- In accordance with the Statute Governing Issuance of ROC Visas in Foreign Passports and the Enforcement Rules for the Issuance of ROC Visas to Foreign-Passport Holders, the ROC reserves the right to decline to issue a visa and is under no obligation to disclose the reason for so doing. Visa application fees are nonrefundable.
- Original documents will be returned after review. Documents produced outside of the ROC and in languages other than Chinese or English are to be accompanied by a Chinese or English translation.
- For visa application fees, please refer to the Standard Fees for ROC (Taiwan) Visas in Foreign Passports (pdf file).
- Persons legally in Taiwan under a visa waiver for exchange studies may enter the country without a visa. Those having entered under a visa-waiver arrangement or on a landing visa or e-visa, as well as those who have entered the country on a visitor visa granted for reasons other than study, may not then apply to change their visitor (or resident) visa to one for which study is the reason, nor may they apply to extend their stay for study purposes.
- Persons not enrolled as full-time students may not apply for a visitor visa on the grounds of study.
- Obtaining a school admission permit does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. Issuance of a visa does not guarantee entry into the ROC (Taiwan).