Qualifications for Visa Applicants
- Data Source：Bureau Of Consular Affairs
In accordance with the Working Holiday Scheme Arrangements signed between the Republic of China and other countries, citizens of contracting countries who have met the following qualifications may apply for working holiday visas:
- Nationality: Applicants shall be citizens of contracting countries and shall have not been a previous recipient of an ROC working holiday visa.
- Purpose: Applicants must prove to the ROC Embassy, Consulate and overseas missions issuing the visas that their primary intention is to holiday in the ROC, with employment being an incidental rather than a primary reason for the visit.
- Age: The age of the applicants shall be eligible depending on each bilateral agreement's age group, both inclusive at the time of application.
- Family members of working holiday visa holders, including spouse and children, shall not apply for visas as dependents to come along.
- Validity of passport: When submitting an application, the applicants’ passport should be valid for more than 12 months upon planned arrival in the ROC.
- Valid flight ticket: Applicants must hold a round trip flight ticket or have financial proof of the capability to purchase it.
- Living expenses: Applicants shall be required to have at least NT$ 100,000 or an equivalent amount of foreign currency as their living expenses during their stay in the ROC.
- Medical insurance: Applicants shall have full medical and hospitalization insurance during their stay in the ROC.