|Countries eligible for landing visa
- Holders of Turkish passport with remaining validity of more than six months.
- Holders of emergency or temporary passports with remaining validity of more than six months for nationals of those countries(except for US) eligible for visa-exempt entry.
- Confirmed return air/sea ticket or air/sea ticket and visa for the next destination, and confirmed seat reservation for departure.
- Completed application form with two photos.
- Visa fee of NT$ 1,600 (citizens of countries with reciprocal agreements shall be issued visas free of charge) plus a handling fee of NT$ 800. No fee will be charged for Turkish citizens.
- No criminal record or not prohibited by the local authorities.
|Duration of stay
- The 30-day duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable.
- The above-said landing visa cannot be converted to visitor or resident visa under normal circumstances.
|Ports of entry
||Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei SongShan Airport, Taichung International Airport, Kaohsiung International Airport.
|How to apply
- Passengers entering the Republic of China through the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport may apply for a landing visa at the Visa Office of Consular Affairs Bureau at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport.
- Passengers who enter the Republic of China through the Taipei SongShan Airport, the Taichung International Airport and the Kaohsiung International Airport shall apply for "temporary entry permit" at Border Affairs Corps of National Immigration Agency. The holder of this permit should apply for a visa as soon as possible at the Bureau of Consular Affairs or at any of the branch offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taichung, Chiayi, Kaohsiung, or Hualian. The holder will need to submit his/her passport, temporary entry permit when applying for the visa.
- In the event of a long national holiday, the holder may apply for a visa at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TIA) Visa Office, Bureau of Consular Affairs. The holder is not allowed to depart from the airports until he/she has applied for a visa.
- Nationals who have entered Taiwan on Landing Visas for purposes that do not require a permit – such as tourism, visiting friends or relatives, social visits, conducting business, attending exhibitions, fact-finding missions, and international exchanges – who then intend to engage in activities that, according to the laws and regulations of relevant agencies, do require a permit must still obtain such a permit. Nationals who intend to enter Taiwan for the purposes that require qualifications – such as religious work – must obtain a visa from the R.O.C. overseas missions before entering Taiwan.
- The Republic of China (Taiwan) only recognizes foreign passports obtained through normal means in accordance with international law. Visa applications using foreign passports obtained through other means, such as investment or procurement, will not be processed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and its overseas missions.
- In accordance with the stipulations of Article 7 of the Enforcement Rules of the Act Governing Relations between the People of the Taiwan Area and the Mainland Area, visa applicants using a foreign passport listing China as the place of birth must provide proof that they have lived outside of the Mainland Area for four years or longer. Turkish passport holders must also provide proof of the fact that they reside in the passport-issuing country and a certificate of renunciation of citizenship to prove that they do not hold the status of a person of the Mainland Area.
- Before arriving in Taiwan, please complete an online immigration arrival cards on the National Immigration Agency Website.