Quick Links

  • Ministry of Foreign Affairs(open new window)
  • eVisa Program
  • Info Taiwan(open new window)
  • National Immigration Agency(open new window)
  • Information for Foreigners(open new window)
  • Tourism Bureau(open new window)
  • WorkingHoliday
  • Ministry of Health and Welfare(open new window)
  • Centers for Disease Control (Taiwan R.O.C)(open new window)
  • Ministry of Labor(open new window)
You are here:Home  >  Authentication  >  FAQs

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Plunk
  • Google
  • Yahoo
  • funP
  • print
  • forward
  • back

If I have a Taiwan document which requires legalization(authentication) for use in another country, what should I do?

Most, but not all, foreign governments require that documents from Taiwan to be legalized by the Bureau of Consular Affairs (BOCA) or Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) branch offices. Therefore, BOCA suggests applicants contact the embassy/ consular/office of the country requesting the document to determine whether or not these documents need BOCA of MOFA's authentication. If they do, the requirements are as follows.
  1. Applicants must present the original document certified by a notary public.
  2. Applicants or their agents are required to provide BOCA or MOFA's branch offices with one supplementary copy of each document for record-keeping.
  3. Applicants and their agents are required to present original identification papers.
  4. BOCA and MOFA's branch offices provide walk-in-service only. Applicants are served on a first-come first-served basis.
  5. Please allow two working days to perform the necessary procedure of authentication.
  6. The fee for the authentication of each original document is NT$400, of each copy document is NT$200. For 24-hour expedited service, an extra charge of NT$200 or NT$100 will be applied to each original or copy document.

For further information, please contact:

  • Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
    2-2,Chi-nan Rd., Floor 3-5,section 1, Taipei, Taiwan
    Tel: (02) 2343-2913, 2343-2914
  • Central Taiwan Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
    No. 503, 1st Fl., Sec 2, Li-Ming Rd., Tai-Chung City, Taiwan
    Tel: (04) 22510799
  • Southern Taiwan Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
    2Fl., 436 Cheng Gung 1st Rd., Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
    Tel: (07) 211-0605
  • Eastern Taiwan Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
    6Fl., 371 Jung Shan Road, Hualien City, Taiwan
    Tel: (03) 833-1041
  • Southwestern Taiwan Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
    2Fl., 184 Wufeng North Road, Chiayi City, Taiwan
    Tel: (05) 225-1567