Go to main content area

Can a foreign national who has entered Taiwan on a visitor visa change the status of his/her visa to that of a resident visa, or extend the visa in the event of a force majeure or an emergency? How can one apply for this change?

  • 發布日期:2017-08-10
  • 發布單位:Bureau Of Consular Affairs
  • 資料點閱次數:14267

The applicant must submit a written statement explaining the purpose of the extension to BOCA or MOFA's  branch offices, and should also submit relevant documents concerning the emergency. The applicant must also prepare the required documents set out in Q1. (Note: if the application is denied, the application fee is non-refundable). However, this does not apply to:

  1. Visitors who have entered Taiwan on visa-exempt entries or on landing visas;
  2. Visitors who have overstayed their visas; and
  3. Visitors who have already changed the status of their visas.

Holders of  visas which are valid for 60 days and which do not bear “No extension will be granted” can directly apply for an extension of their visa at  local service centers of the National Immigration Agency  with the relevant documents.