I’m an overseas Chinese student. What documents do I need to prepare when applying for a resident visa?
- 發布單位：Bureau Of Consular Affairs
- A passport still valid for more than six months with empty pages. And copies of basic-data page of passport are also required.
- A properly completed visa application form. You need to first access the website
- https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw to fill out application form online and print it out with the bar code.
- You must sign the form to confirm that the information you have provided is true.
- Two 2"x2" photographs
- *Photographs must be taken within the last six months, in color and with a white-color background.
- An official letter of assignment to a university in Taiwan issued by the University
- Entrance Committee for Overseas Affairs Commission, the Overseas Community Affairs Coumcil, or Ministry of Education.
- A health certificate issued within the past three months either by one of the accredited local hospitals (list attached) or by a licensed foreign hospital or clinic.
For details, please visit the website of the Center for Disease Control: http://www.cdc.gov.tw/english/info.aspx?treeid=e79c7a9e1e9b1cdf&nowtreeid=11a5b455c34bb13d&tid=0062B45265C983BF.
For information regarding accredited hospitals, please visit: http://www.cdc.gov.tw/english/info.aspx?treeid=e79c7a9e1e9b1cdf&nowtreeid=11a5b455c34bb13d&tid=3A55BC8972235072.
*Foreign documents must be authenticated by an ROC mission abroad. If the documents are in a language other than English, they must be submitted together with a Chinese or English translation and authenticated by an ROC mission abroad.
Overseas Chinese students who have held a visitor visa with the code FC, issued by an ROC overseas mission, may submit the above documents and an enrollment certificate issued by the school (e.g. student I.D. with registration stamp on it) at the Bureau of Consular Affairs or the Central Taiwan Office, Southern Taiwan Office, Eastern Taiwan Office or Southwestern Taiwan Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to convert the visitor visa into a resident visa.
Those who hold a visitor visa with the mark FC issued by an ROC overseas mission, who previously suspended their studies and have resumed their studies or who have transferred to another school, may also submit the aforementioned documents, an approval letter of resumption or a transfer certificate issued by the school and the academic records of all semesters, to convert his/her visitor visa into a resident visa.
ROC overseas missions, the Bureau of Consular Affairs or the Central Taiwan Office, Southern Taiwan Office, Eastern Taiwan Office or Southwestern Taiwan Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs may arrange an interview with the applicant or request other supplementary documents in certain individual cases.