Quick Links

  • Ministry of Foreign Affairs(open new window)
  • eVisa Program
  • Info Taiwan(open new window)
  • National Immigration Agency(open new window)
  • Information for Foreigners(open new window)
  • Tourism Bureau(open new window)
  • WorkingHoliday
  • Ministry of Health and Welfare(open new window)
  • Centers for Disease Control (Taiwan R.O.C)(open new window)
  • Ministry of Labor(open new window)
You are here:Home  >  Authentication  >  FAQs

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Plunk
  • Google
  • Yahoo
  • funP
  • print
  • forward
  • back

Why do documents need to be legalized (authenticated)?

If you are going to use Taiwan documents overseas, for business or personal reasons, you will probably be asked to have your documents legalized before they can be accepted. If you are not sure what documents need to be legalized you should contact the authority or organization which requires the documents. Advice can often be obtained from the Embassy, Consulate or Representative Office of the country concerned in Taiwan.