Apply for a Passport
You can apply for a passport at the Bureau of Consular Affairs (BOCA), Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taipei or at its branch offices in Taichung, Kaohsiung, Hualien and Chiayi. If you are traveling or residing abroad, you can apply for a passport at the nearest ROC Overseas Mission (See ROC Embassies, Consulates and Representative Offices information).
You need to submit the following documents and fee when applying for your passport:
- A completed passport application form (the form can be downloaded).
- Your ROC national I.D. or certificate of ROC nationality.
- Two identical passport photos (please click for more details).
- Other relevant certificates that may be required by BOCA or ROC Overseas Missions.
- A fee of US $45 or its equivalent in the local currency.
For more information, please contact BOCA in Taipei, or ROC Overseas Missions.